Egg and Veggie Winter Breakfast Bowl
Don't let the winter keep you away from a good salad. Salad for breakfast or eggs for dinner, however you look at it, this bowl will keep you satisfied for hours. Nourishing bowls are the best way to get your nutrients in wintertime. We tend to eat in a hurry, often the same kind of food every day, without fresh ingredients, and we don’t provide our body the nutrients it needs to function correctly and to naturally detox day by day. These nourishing bowls do not come with special recipes, but a balance of the main nutrients (carbohydrates, proteins, and fats) and also raw and cooked ingredients that really nourish your body and make you feel energized. You can combine any of your favorite ingredients, as long as you make sure the bowl has a little bit of everything your body needs.
This recipe is for a single serving but you can easily scale up the quantity if you want to feed your family or friends.
Ingredients (1 Servings) 1/4 pound Brussels sprouts
1/4 pound sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup arugula or mixed greens
1 soft poached egg
1 tablespoon tahini (ground sesame paste)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
Directions 1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut the Brussels sprouts in half. Dice the sweet potatoes. Spread out the veggies on the baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil evenly over the vegetables; season with salt and pepper.
4. Roast in the oven until golden brown and tender, 17 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, whisk the tahini and apple cider vinegar.
6. Poach or fry the egg. I put a lid on my pan over medium heat when frying eggs to ensure no runny whites with a soft center.
7. To serve, add the brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes to a bowl and with arugula and the egg. Drizzle the tahini vinaigrette over-top and enjoy!